Monday, December 3, 2012

Jo Bardot

Like most people, I first picked up a paintbrush when I was young and enjoyed art at school but never considered taking it further than that. Evening class beckoned and I joined a History of Art class at Farlington which I found inspirational. My interest in art had truly begun. I started going to exhibitions and gallerys and really looking at art in a different way. When I heard about an evening class teaching portrait and landscape painting with Ros, I had to join up.

My trade is in landscape gardening and design so I have always been interested in colours and textures but I had never painted with oil on canvas until now. I am working towards learning different techniques and hope that I can become looser and more imaginative in my style; I think Jenny Saville is wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment