Monday, December 3, 2012

Katie Hedges

Currently studying a degree in Fine Art. I have always had the desire to paint and the fact that I am now able to put this into practice in the course of my study is a very exciting prospect . I am currently working on the theme of Landscape and enjoy working from an experimental approach. Throughout my work I have always felt a connection with textures and layers and I also find the idea of deconstruction and reconfiguration very exciting. Energy and motion also play an important part in the re-shaping of my work and I feel it is important to visit the places I paint in order to experience the atmosphere and feel the elements. I am then able to include these sensations in my work producing a physical and emotional response. 

Exhibiting in 2014:    

     The Bright Sisters (2014)                                                                 The Sisters (2014)
     Acrylic on Canvas                                                                            Acrylic on Canvas



Exhibited in 2013:                                               

Still - (2012) - Oil on Canvas
Uncovering - (2012) - Mixed Media on Board
Salt Water- (2012) - Acrylic on Board (Black and White) 

No comments:

Post a Comment